Croutons. So simple, yet they provide such a flavor and texture boost to so many different dishes with their different sizes, flavors, and being made from numerous types of breads. I used to be intimidated by making them from scratch, but after…
After grilling meat (chicken breasts, steaks, burgers, etc.), let it rest for 5 minutes before serving. The grilling process draws out juices from the meat, so letting it sit for 5 minutes allows the juices to absorb back into the meat making it very moist.
Did You Know...
The primal cuts of beef and their uses are:
- Chuck: Pot roast and hamburger
- Rib: Ribs, rib-eye steak, and prime rib loin for strip steaks, T-bone, porterhouse, and tenderloin
- Round: Roast beef
- Brisket: Barbecued brisket, corned beef, pot roast
- Plate: Short ribs for braising cuts, such as the outside skirt steak for fajitas and hanger steak
- Shank for broth, stews, and soup
- Flank: Ground meat, flank steak