Attention, barbecue and rib lovers, this post is for you. If you love everything about barbecued meats: the smell of meat being smoked for hours on end, the sweet and tangy sauce tantalizing your taste buds and dripping down your face and…
To correct a curdled or "broken" hollandaise or mayonnaise sauce, whisk in a teaspoon or two of boiling water, a drop at a time. If that doesn't work, put an egg yolk in a bowl and add the "broken" sauce slowly, beating with a whisk, and in time you'll have a smooth sauce.
Did You Know...
The primal cuts of beef and their uses are:
- Chuck: Pot roast and hamburger
- Rib: Ribs, rib-eye steak, and prime rib loin for strip steaks, T-bone, porterhouse, and tenderloin
- Round: Roast beef
- Brisket: Barbecued brisket, corned beef, pot roast
- Plate: Short ribs for braising cuts, such as the outside skirt steak for fajitas and hanger steak
- Shank for broth, stews, and soup
- Flank: Ground meat, flank steak