My mother came across this recipe in a Williams-Sonoma catalog and made it for Alex and I when visiting us in Vegas during the winter. With hearty and aromatic produce like butternut squash, apples, garlic, and thyme, this recipe is…
One day on my uneventful drive to culinary school (with all of my windows down), I became surrounded by an alluring smell of grilling burgers, mixed with a teriyaki-like essence, wafting out over the roadway as I passed by a small burger…
When your bottle of Sriracha sauce has run out, don't throw the bottle away! Fill the bottle with oil and shake to create your own spicy Sriracha oil.
Did You Know...
The primal cuts of beef and their uses are:
- Chuck: Pot roast and hamburger
- Rib: Ribs, rib-eye steak, and prime rib loin for strip steaks, T-bone, porterhouse, and tenderloin
- Round: Roast beef
- Brisket: Barbecued brisket, corned beef, pot roast
- Plate: Short ribs for braising cuts, such as the outside skirt steak for fajitas and hanger steak
- Shank for broth, stews, and soup
- Flank: Ground meat, flank steak